What’s New at Camp?
What’s new for 2021?
- We are adding Woodworking to our program! Get ready to build with hammers, saws, planes, drills and more in on our new woodshop.
- The Ropes & Mats pavilion is getting a makeover! Twice the size means twice the amount of gymnastics. The new pavilion will also feature a new rock wall!
- The archery range is also growing, becoming 4 times larger than last summer. Our new archery program will feature compound bows and long distance targets!
- A new 6 ft warped wall will be tons of fun for our pre-k and K campers. Beat all 4 walls on our ninja warrior course!
What’s new for 2020?
- We are building a large Ninja Warrior Course! The course will include 3 warped walls, a full ninja rig, floating steps and low obstacles.
- Lanyard Land! We are excited to expand our arts & crafts program with this great new activity. Lanyards (gimp) have always been a part of Camp Playland but have never been more popular than they are today! Campers will learn gimp stitches and bracelet and beading techniques.
- New high ropes elements! The vertical playpen, Indiana Jones bridge and two-line traverse will join our high ropes course to make 7 elements total.
- 2 new low zip-lines and a 3D spider web at Ropes & Mats!
- A new playground for our pre-k campers! The Tigers, Bears and Grizzlies will have tons of fun on our new “treehouse” play structure.
What was new for 2019?
- We are rebuilding our basketball court, making it twice as big! The new court will have 6 hoops and a professional court floor
- The Camp Playland Mining Company! Campers will love to search for gems and rocks on our 40 ft. sluice, which includes a 20 ft. high water tower!
- Cooking! We are thrilled to have registered dietitian Melissa Litwak leading campers in delicious and fun cooking classes! Read more about Melissa here.
- We are excited to add the Jump Pad to our Ropes & Mats area!
- Bus rides will be more fun than ever with coordinated events each morning, including: challenges between buses, songs, costumes and prizes
- New Special Events like Winter in July, Filthy Friday and Rubber Duck Relay!
What was new for 2018?
- We are building a large Amphitheater! The entire camp will fit here for camp spirit days. Read more about it here.
- New shaded Fishing Dock at the Playland pond. We can’t wait to catch fish off of the new dock!
- Lower Camp Family Nights will be for rising 1st and 2nd grade campers and their families. We look forward to fun, musical nights at camp!
- Multi-Vine high ropes challenge!
- More Choice! Choice periods are so popular with Upper Campers, we are bringing more choices to the Lower camp. Read more about it here.
- New Special Events like Ninja Warrior, Upper Camp Lip Sync Battles, Neon Day and National S’mores Day!
What was new for 2017?
- We are building a 1,100 foot Go Kart track! Are you ready to drive gas powered go karts?? For campers of ALL ages!
- New shaded Upper Camp Girls Area with a new Gaga Ball Pit.
- Cooling Station! Summer 2016 was hot, hot, hot. To beat the heat we are adding a cooling station with more misters and water coolers.
- Private stalls in the boys & girls changing rooms! Our goal is to make swimming fun, instructional and refreshing – no camper should be nervous to change.
What was new for 2016?
- More high ropes elements! High ropes and low ropes will become separate activities. In addition to our high and low zip lines and monkey hardware climbing tree, we are excited to add a Flying Squirrel to our ropes course!
- Lunch will be served 5 days a week and is included in tuition. Camp will provide lunch to all campers and counselors Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. A lunch menu is coming soon.
- More Choice Periods for Upper Camp!
- Turbo Paddle Boats for campers entering 1st grade and younger
- Poly-Pong – 4 way ping pong! Upper Campers will love this fast-paced game.
- Professional Basketball Hoops on all courts. Goalsetter hoops can be found in college arenas across the country.
- Enhanced parent – camp communication. We feel the best camp experience is achieved when the camp and camper’s guardians work together. New for 2016 we will send weekly group specific newsletters to parents.